The Cashiering Professional Certificate
The Cashiering Professional Certificate (CashPC) program is an online Learning Management System that once complete indicates competency in the Higher Education Cashiering Best Practices. The program is recommended for all front-line staff in the Cashier's office and managers and supervisors looking for supplemental training for cashier staff.
Professional Development Group (PDG) has partnered with Carla Perez the Bursar at University of Wisconsin for the development of this course. Carla oversees the bursar's functions for UW including cashiering, student accounts and collections, as well as Perkins administration. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a Master’s degree in Management Information Systems. Carla has over 25 years of Higher Education experience of which 16 were spent in the California State System.
- Understand the Student Account - Learn the various charges and how to analyze student accounts
- Cashier Policies and Procedures - What are the policies and procedures within a Cashier Office?
- Cash/Payment Processing - What are proper cash handling procedures and how to balance the cash drawer
- The Cashier Skill Set - Learn what it takes to be a successful Cashier
- Understanding Customer Service - Learn important customer service skills
How to Get Started
- Purchase the materials for your certificate - $290
- Listen to each audio session and follow along with the corresponding handout
- Complete each audio session evaluation with 80% or greater accuracy
- Use the BPC insignia on your resume and professional profiles
- Flaunt your BPC lapel pin at future Bursars Conferences and industry events
- Be recognized as an expert in your profession
- Better employment opportunities may be possible
- Professional recognition
- Employers will see you as an asset
- Demonstrate that you are qualified to do your job
- Demonstrate that you are dedicated to improving your knowledge level
- Become more familiar with all aspects of the position
- Stay up to date with regulations and current issues
About the Speaker: Carla Perez
Carla Perez is currently the Bursar at University of Wisconsin at Madison, stepping into this position in August 2016. Carla oversees the bursar functions for UW which includes: cashiering, student accounts and collections, as well as Perkins administration. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a Master’s degree in Management Information Systems. Carla has over 25 years of higher education experience of which 16 were spent in the California State System. Since leaving California she has worked for Bates College in Maine, Brown University in Rhode Island, University of Illinois, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Rice University, and UW Madison.